Welcome to GOV.UK

The best place to find government services and information
Simpler, clearer, faster


Includes tax credits, eligibility and appeals

Births, deaths, marriages and care

Parenting, civil partnerships, divorce and Lasting Power of Attorney

Business and self-employed

Tools and guidance for businesses

Childcare and parenting

Includes giving birth, fostering, adopting, benefits for children, childcare and schools

Citizenship and living in the UK

Voting, community participation, life in the UK, international projects

Crime, justice and the law

Legal processes, courts and the police

Disabled people

Includes carers, your rights, benefits and the Equality Act

Driving and transport

Includes vehicle tax, MOT and driving licences

Education and learning

Includes student loans, admissions and apprenticeships

Employing people

Includes pay, contracts and hiring

Environment and countryside

Includes flooding, recycling and wildlife

Housing and local services

Owning or renting and council services

Money and tax

Includes debt and Self Assessment

Passports, travel and living abroad

Includes renewing passports and travel advice by country

Visas and immigration

Visas, asylum and sponsorship

Working, jobs and pensions

Includes holidays and finding a job

The websites of all government departments and many other agencies and public bodies have been merged into GOV.UK.

Here you can see all policies, announcements, publications, statistics and consultations.

Find out how government services are performing and how satisfied users are.


Find a job

Use Universal Jobmatch to find full or part-time work in Great Britain and abroad.


Driving licence counterpart

From 8 June 2015 you no longer need the paper counterpart to your photocard driving licence.


Right to Rent

If you're a landlord, you must check your tenants are allowed to live in the UK legally.

More on GOV.UK

Most active

UK bank holidays

Check the dates for bank holidays in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Is there anything wrong with this page?